The "back 40" is really only five acres – and whatever the ‘neighbors’ let me forage and wander on (which is often considerable tracts) – but anyway, I’m heading to Alabama for a weekend early next month, where I’m told the following will be ready for me to pick up and/or finish up to replenish my stocks:
- red brick dust
- chicken feet
- black cat bones, definitely some leg bones and vertebra, not sure about the tail yet, def. not a complete skeleton (they aren’t bleached white yet)
- snake sheds (nothing poisonous this time, at least not so far)
- various feathers, not sure what all
- a few diff. kinds of animal teeth, please inquire
- dried pomegranates (having some stained and waxed, others left natural for powder and oil use)
- dried poppy pods (I’m having them gilded with gold leaf and waxed, so I have no idea what use they would be for traditional hoodooists, but I have plans to use some in shadow boxes – they’re gorgeous)
- red ant nest dirt
- a few salt cured domestic lizards
- various bug bodies, mostly spider, a few dragonfly, some yellowjacket, none in collector shape
- a few rare vintage holy medals, not sure what all yet, probably not for individual sale but I’ll post if I get something truly awesome
I have another lead on another frizzly rooster, but it’s the next state over, and, if it’s anything like last time, won’t be worth the drive. We’ll see if I have time.
If you have your heart set on any of this, let me know and I can probably save some out for you. My email appears to be working now, after more hours with tech support and forums than I care to even recall — both sending and receiving, though I’m not at all sure that I have gotten every message sent between the 15th and yesterday.